To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Tubular Bells, the iconic masterpiece will be performed live with a full band at Stockton Globe next Spring, conducted and arranged by Oldfield’s long term collaborator Robin Smith.
Tubular Bells was the debut studio album by English multi-instrumentalist, composer and songwriter Mike Oldfield conceived in 1971 and finally released in 1973. Oldfield who was just 17 years old when he started composing the music, recorded and played almost all of the instruments on the album. It gained worldwide acclaim when the opening theme was used for the soundtrack of the horror film, The Exorcist and went on to become the highest selling instrumental album of all time.
A bold and progressive fusion, Tubular Bells is a journey through classical, jazz, folk, prog rock and electronica.
• Free WIFI available throughout Stockton Globe and The LINK.
• Selection of bars including Stalls Bar, Dress Circle Bar and intimate The LINK café, bar and live entertainment space. In addition, there is our exclusive 1935 VIP Private Bar.
• Stockton Globe is accessible to all and has step free access to the front entrance and lift access to all parts of the venue.
• Accessible toilets are located on the Stalls and Lower Circle levels and in The Link Café Bar.
• Wheelchair Access: There are eight spaces in the stalls where wheelchair users can remain in their wheelchairs. Access is on the flat via a lift. There are 4 spaces in the Lower Circle where wheelchair users can remain in their wheelchairs. Access is via a lift. All spaces have the option for a companion. These need to be booked via our dedicated Access line on 0333 0095399.
• Supported Experience available. Families are urged to get in touch with us if they have specific requirements to help support their visit.
• The Stockton Globe auditorium has been installed with the Mobile Connect system, this system will enhance the experience of visually impaired patrons or those who are hard of hearing.
• Baby change facilities at the rear of The LINK and throughout the Globe.
• Baby feed facilities are available upon request.
• Breastfeeding mothers are very welcome – please ask if there is something you need to make your visit even more comfortable.
Tickets available from £29.15, subject to a transaction fee of £3.80.
Globe Theatre, High Street, Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Address: Globe Theatre, High Street, Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Public Transport Directions
Stockton Station is a six minute walk. Thornaby Train Station is a 5 minute drive from the Globe or a 22 minute walk.
The number 7, 7A, 15, 17A, 36, 37, 38, ,52 and 58 bus stopped within a minute walk of this venue.