It has been 32 years since Scottish twins Craig & Charlie Reid aka The Proclaimers emerged.
Since then, their enduring appeal across generations has carved a niche for themselves where pop, folk, new wave, and punk collide as the emotional honesty, political fire, wit and sing-along raucousness of their songs and their extensive touring has enlightened and entertained fans throughout the World.
The Proclaimers‘ songs are timeless, capturing a gamut of human emotions, written with poignancy, emotional honesty, political fire, and wit. Their songs feature at weddings, funerals and everything in-between and there is one song, an early celebration of falling head over heels in love that is known the world over and has become a staggering global anthem.
They have even inspired a musical, the play and film ‘Sunshine on Leith’. The musical had its fourth UK run from April to June last year, with its biggest production to date by West Yorkshire Playhouse. 2018 also marked the 30th anniversary since the release of the Sunshine On Leith album and in August saw The Proclaimers add to their magnificent songbook with the release of their 11th studio album ‘Angry Cyclist’.
2022 will see The Proclaimers heading into the recording studio to record their 12th studio album, followed by festival appearances in the summer and a 35-date UK & Ireland tour from October to December.
Talismanic songwriter John Bramwell will be returning to the stage on this tour as a special guest to perform songs from his new album The Light Fantastic and some I Am Kloot classics.
• Free WIFI available throughout Stockton Globe and The LINK.
• Selection of bars including Stalls Bar, Dress Circle Bar and intimate The LINK café, bar and live entertainment space. In addition, there is our exclusive 1935 VIP Private Bar.
• Stockton Globe is accessible to all and has step free access to the front entrance and lift access to all parts of the venue.
• Accessible toilets are located on the Stalls and Lower Circle levels and in The Link Café Bar.
• Wheelchair Access: There are eight spaces in the stalls where wheelchair users can remain in their wheelchairs. Access is on the flat via a lift. There are 4 spaces in the Lower Circle where wheelchair users can remain in their wheelchairs. Access is via a lift. All spaces have the option for a companion. These need to be booked via our dedicated Access line on 0333 0095399.
• Supported Experience available. Families are urged to get in touch with us if they have specific requirements to help support their visit.
• The Stockton Globe auditorium has been installed with the Mobile Connect system, this system will enhance the experience of visually impaired patrons or those who are hard of hearing.
• Baby change facilities at the rear of The LINK and throughout the Globe.
• Baby feed facilities are available upon request.
• Breastfeeding mothers are very welcome – please ask if there is something you need to make your visit even more comfortable.
Tickets available from £42.15, subject to a transaction fee of £3.65.
Globe Theatre, High Street, Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Address: Globe Theatre, High Street, Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Public Transport Directions
Stockton Station is a six minute walk. Thornaby Train Station is a 5 minute drive from the Globe or a 22 minute walk.
The number 7, 7A, 15, 17A, 36, 37, 38, ,52 and 58 bus stopped within a minute walk of this venue.