Pop down to Stockton High Street for festive fun and entertainment as Stockton Sparkles returns for another year.
Hosted by popular BBC Tees presenters, comedian Lauren Pattison and Santa himself, the festivities kick off with a special set from local band PICNIC, street theatre performances, the annual Christmas lights switch-on, the Christmas Victorian Fair and a festive sing-along led by the Cleveland Philharmonic Choir.
During our launch weekend (Friday 25 – Sunday 27 November) you can also expect free glitter face painting and tattoos as well as balloon twisting!
This year’s highlights also include:
- Christmas Victorian Fair: Thursday 24 November to Sunday 27 November
- Christmas Market: Thursday 1 December to Sunday 4 December
- Stories with Santa: Thursday 1 and Friday 2 December
- La Flamo Fire Show at Stockton Sparkles: Friday 2 December
- Wreath Making Workshop: Saturday 3 December
- Illuminated Lantern Parade: Sunday 4 December
From 5.30pm - 7.30pm
The light switch-on will be at 6.30pm.
Address: Stockton High Street, High Street, Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Public Transport Directions
Traffic and travel updates:
Stockton High Street will be closed to vehicles for the duration of launch night, Thursday 24 November. The High Street will also be closed on Friday 2 December and Sunday 4 December (but open on Saturday 3 December).
This will affect bus stops, so visit the Connect Tees Valley website to help you find the best options for your journey: https://connectteesvalley.com/
There are over a thousand parking spaces in Stockton plus Wellington Square car park (TS18 1NA). Long stay car parks open to the public include:
• Skinner Street (TS18 1DY)
• Thompson Street Car Park (TS18 2BF)
• Maritime Car Park (TS18 2HD)
• Parliament Street Car Park (TS18 3SW)
• Riverside Car Park (TS18 1TE)
Visit the car parking page of the Council’s website for a full list and a downloadable map: https://www.stockton.gov.uk/car-parks
During launch night the High Street Car Park North (outside the Sun Inn) will be unavailable and it will also be out of action on Friday 2 December and Sunday 4 December.
The High Street Car Park South (outside the Shambles) will be closed on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 December for the Lantern Parade.