A frosty winter adventure is coming to Saltburn…
After the success of last year’s Ice Trail, renowned ice sculptors Sand In Your Eye will return – but this time to Saltburn, placing nine amazing ice sculptures across the town, creating a wonderful one-day trail with pop up festive performances, for families and folks to discover.
Just drop in across the day, grab yourself an ice trail sheet (either print your own or pick one up from one of the event stewards around on the day) and check off each sculpture as you find it by following this handy guide. Those that complete this festive frosty walk will also receive a small prize and be entered into a special competition!
You will also be able to experience a live ice carve and see the talented artists at Sand In Your Eye at work AND there will also be an ice workshop where the elves can help you write your letter to Santa and post them first class to his workshop in a very own special ice post box!
And if that isn’t enough enjoyment throughout the day there will be an array of festive performances and walk about theatre across the day.
- Scrooge and Mr. Scratchit will be travelling Saltburn town spreading Christmas cheer and Bah Humbugs in equal measure!
- Theatre Illuminaire will be sprinkling festive magic and bringing Lampposts to life.
- Bell and Bullock have travelled back from Victorian Times with their eccentric (festive!) engineering marvel – a time machine!
- Cleveland favourites, Whippet Up! are back with their Travelling Show of merriment, alongside Ebor ‘n’ Gum, two of Yorkshire’s finest Christmas Elves.
- Local artist, Suzie Devey will be back in town with Two Tin Cans, a printing studio in a pop-up telephone box for you to have a go at printing out those last-minute Christmas gifts!
Free to attend, just drop in!
10am to 4pm
Address: Saltburn-by-the-Sea, UK