Classical Café is an opportunity to experience classical music in a more relaxed, informal setting with café style set up and drinks and cake served prior to the performance.
If you haven’t been to a classical concert before, this is the perfect occasion to ‘dip your toe in’ and support local classical musicians and groups. We particularly welcome families with younger children to these concerts.
Opera singers Emily, Anna, Dave and D’Arcy will be performing a light-hearted and fun concert for all the family. They will give a whistle stop tour of the different voice types and offer music from operas musicals, and other unexpected sources! With audience participation strongly encouraged this informal concert will entertain and educate all ages.
This concert specifically welcomes families with young children, and will have certain features which make it so including:
– Bean bag seating for young children at the front of the hall
– Colouring sheets and pens
– Child friendly information sheets about the music and instruments being played
– Performers interact with young audiences
– Shorter pieces
– Comfort break in the middle
– Toilet tolerance (Classical Café don’t mind if you need to take your children out in the middle of the concert!)
Doors open 2pm for refreshments.
Address: Middlesbrough Town Hall, Albert Road, Middlesbrough, UK