Add the Christmas Extravaganza at the Dorman Museum to your festive diary.
Featuring Santa’s elves, family crafts and trails, the Virtual Reality Santa’s Sleigh Ride and loads more festive fun. Activities include:
- Elf Town – interactive fun galore in the museum street with our cheeky Elves (free)
- Christmas Market – with a host of local makers and bakers and gorgeous gifts for Christmas and beyond (free entry)
- Crafty Elf Challenge (11am to 3pm) – make festive decorations and sparkly gifts to treasure and complete the craft challenge (£3 per child, book your space at the museum welcome desk)
- Christmas Trail – track down amazing treasures and intriguing objects as you solve the festive puzzle (£1 per trail, available from the museum welcome desk)
- Virtual Reality Santa’s Sleigh (10.30am to 3.30pm) – hold on to your hats and antlers and get ready to fly through festive skies on Santa’s Sleigh! With sights, sounds and motion, it’s a full 360 degree experience! Tickets £4 per person or £14 for a group of four. Book ahead online via Ticketsource or check availability at the welcome desk as you arrive.
- Ancient Egyptians: secrets of the afterlife – a fascinating insight into how the Egyptians prepared for the afterlife. One for everyone to enjoy and free entry too!
- Ancient Egypt play space – play, learn and discover even more about Ancient Egypt in our interactive area featuring role play, dressing up, games and activities. Best for age 7 and under and free entry.
10am to 4pm
Free entry to the museum
Address: Dorman Museum, Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, UK