Travel through time and explore life in Ancient Egypt in an exciting day packed full of fun at the Dorman Museum.
- Egyptian Play Area (10am to 4pm) Dress up and trade at the market bazaar or be brave and venture deep inside the tomb after visiting the archaeology camp to share your discoveries!
- Family craft – Pharaoh head dress (10.30am to 2.30pm) Make and decorate an Ancient Egyptian head dress fit for a Pharaoh. Take inspiration from the British Museum mask on display. £2 per person, please book a space at the museum welcome desk.
- Unearth Egyptians (10.30am to 3.30pm) Get hands on with the museum team and pick up archaeologist tools to uncover and identify ancient Egyptian artefacts.
- Interactive Embalming Demonstrations (11am to 12pm & 1pm to 3pm) Drop in to an interactive embalming demo and get involved pulling out the organs and placing them in canopic jars in preparation for mummifacation!
- Book of the Dead (10am to 4pm) Meet the team from Teesside Archives to see the Egyptian Book of the Dead – a collection of magical spells that protect people on the long journey to the afterlife.
- Family trail (10am to 4pm) The mummy is loose in the Dorman Museum! Pick up a trail and decode the hieroglyphs that are hidden around the museum. £1 per person available from the museum welcome desk.
- Spooky Halloween Virtual Reality Ride (10.30am to 3.30pm) A brand new theme just in time for Halloween. Help DASH fight FLASH and look out for the petrifying pumpkins, ghastly ghouls and sinister scarecrows! £4 per person or £14 for a group of four. Book online via Ticketsource.
10am to 4pm
Free entry to the Dorman Museum
Some activities incur a charge (please see details in the description)
Address: Dorman Museum, Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, UK