Tees Valley Combined Authority is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tees Valley Combined Authority may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You will be notified via email should any changes be made. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from communications. This policy is effective from 15.08.18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests via Google Analytics
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We may process personal information that you provide to us for the purpose of visitor registration, brochure requests, e-newsletter subscriptions and competition entry. This data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and media.
· E-newsletters - by completing our e-newsletter sign-up form you are agreeing to receive email marketing communications from Enjoy Tees Valley. These can be unsubscribed from at any time, simply by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
· Once we have your full name and email address, provided by you, we will keep this information stored in our email database system which is only accessed by the Enjoy Tees Valley team. This data is used to send you updates and information when the team feel relevant and you will only receive information based on the preference you gave when signing up. We will not share any data with third parties.
· Brochure requests – If Enjoy Tees Valley advertises a brochure which can be accessed by request and you complete a Brochure Request form from us, you are agreeing to receive brochures from us.
· Competitions - please check the individual terms and conditions associated with each competition. Occasionally we may collect your name and email address when entering one of our competitions either via the Enjoy Tees Valley website and social media channels or via a printed promotional material – we will always state if we will collect this data when entering a competition. If we do not state we will collect your data when entering then we will not keep your data.
The legal basis for this processing is consent.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. You will also always have the option to unsubscribe from communications via the link at the bottom of each email.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting however your details will not be passed on to these third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email DPO@teesvalley-ca.gov.uk or write to Data Protection Officer Tees Valley Combined Authority, Cavendish House, Teesdale Business Park, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6QY.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to complain about the use of your personal data you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at the below address;
In this Section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. The section above sets out the contact details if you wish to exercise any of the rights below.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree (opt in) in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
The website is owned and operated by Tees Valley Combined Authority under the Enjoy Tees Valley brand.
We are a statutory body and our office is at Cavendish House, Teesdale Business Park, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6QY
Post: Cavendish House, Teesdale Business Park, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6QY
Data Protection Officer: DPO@teesvalley-ca.gov.uk